Songs of Praise and Worship

Sunday 14 August 2016

The Book of Job Chapter 19



The Book of Job 


Chapter 


19






1. Then Job answered: 2. How long will you torment me, and break me in pieces with words? 3. These ten times you have cast reproach upon me; are you not ashamed to wrong me? 4. And even if it is true that I have erred my error remains with me.



(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 1 to 4)


Oh God my Father when we experience hard times we turn on You and ask You the reason why You permitted the village in Italy to be destroyed which resulted in alot of people dead and many other personal or global events that have taken place. Since we do not have the answers we end up blaming You. It is only when such events take place that we acknowledge You as being the sole Master Creator. It is a pity that we do not accept You as God our Father even when the going is good Amen



5. If indeed you magnify yourselves against me, and make my humiliation an argument against me, 6. know then that God has put me in the wrong, and closed his net around me.




(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 5 to 6)


Oh God my Father during times of pain and anguish we may think that You are using us as a dart board and that all the bad and negative things are happening only to us. However, Your love and protection never ends. It is like a force field that protects us that only we can permit to be there or even not to be there by means of our choices. When we decide to go against You, my God and Father we turn off our protective shield.




7. Even when I cry out, "Violence! I am not answered; I call aloud, but there is no justice.



(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verse 7)




Oh God my Father many times we may be under the impression that You do not listen to our prayers, however in truth not one of our prayers which are healthy and positive go to waste. However, if we pray that negative things happen to others, such as war, violence or death we do not expect a positive reply from You my God and Father. With You my God it is like the basic model of communication that is used in everyday life. I invite you all to click on the following video clip which gives a detailed account of this model.


The basic communication model




8. He has walled up my way so that I cannot pass, and he has set darkness upon my paths.



(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verse 8)




At times oh God my Father it seems that life is hopeless. As if I am with my back to the wall, the victim of my own consequences. During such moments when I focus on myself and my self-pity, I can see nothing all seems black and gloomy or depressing. However oh God my Father, when I remember your grace and mercy, I realize that all is happening for a reason and that You are in total control of my life, and whatever happens You will not let me perish Amen.




9. He has stripped my glory from me, and taken the crown from my head. 10. He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone, he has uprooted my hope like a tree.



(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verse 9 to 10)



Oh God my Father during intense moments of stress and depression we tend to blame You for all that happens to us, even though in truth we know that You had nothing to do with what actually happened. We feel broken and dejected, with no means of hope or security, we feel scared and lonely. However if we look beyond the problem You are there calling us to You with outstretched arms waiting for us to turn to Him so that You can kiss and hug us as Your children and give us the needed comfort and support Amen. 



11. He has kindled his wrath against me, and counts me as his adversary. 12. His troops come on together; they have thrown siegeworks against me, and encamp around my tent.


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 11 to 12)



Oh God my Father You love me so much. It is not You but the enemy that is all out against me. The evil spirit is at work in the block of flats where I live. My family and that of my neighbour are constantly under siege. The evil one is trying to make us break down our marriages, by causing alot of trouble. I pray for Your protection my God and Father Amen.



13. "He has put my family far from me, and my acquaintances are wholly estranged from me. 14. My relatives and my close friends have failed me; 15. the guests in my house have forgotten me;  my serving girls count me as a stranger; I have become an alien in their eyes.



(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 13 to 15)




Oh God my Father I also feel like a stranger in my own home. My relationship with ny wife has technically ended even though we still in the same house. The only two reasons why I am still married is that I still value the 'Yes' that I gave to You at the time of marriage. The second reason is because I do not want to break my daughter's heart whom I greatly love. I am sorry oh God my Father that she ends up being present and hurt by moments of arguments and stress, but I have no control over such situations. I have been praying alot for You to intervene in the situation but for now it seems You have not given Your consent either for the relationship to improve, or that I die, or that some extraordinary circumstances happen that compel me to leave home in a peaceful and legitimate manner. I place my case in Your hands as I have done many times my God and Father Amen,



16. I call to my servant, but he gives me no answer; I must myself plead with him.


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verse 16)




Oh God my Father, how nice it would be to treat all on an equal level, regardless of one's role or status. How nice it is to focus on our relationships and seek a healthy balance between work and home. I thank You oh God for intervening in my life and restoring the much-needed peace and tranquillity in my family. Even though this may not be long lasting due to our humanity, however, I still thank You for the needed break and decrease in my stress level Amen.



17. My breath is repulsive to my wife: I am loathsome to my own family. 18. Even young children despise me; when I rise, they talk against me.



(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 17 to 18)



Oh God my Father and Job my friend, we are rowing the same boat, for I am also despised in the confines of my own family. There are those who love to praise themselves and place others such as myself in an inferior position under their heels. Even children may be affected by such an attitude. However, if we place our focus on God my Father, He will always reach out to us and raise us from the lower plains up on to higher ones that have more dignity and value and that will last forever Amen.



19. All my intimate friends abhor me, and those whom I loved have turned against me.


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verse 19)



Oh God my Father we can have no intimate friend but You, for the people of the world one cannot trust, for today I am on their good side and they shower me with praise for doing a good job and sharing my time and love, and when I wrong them or for some reason come to disagreement over some intimate issue, the same people turn against me and become indifferent. Therefore I have learnt to trust nobody but You my, God and Father.


20. My bones cling to my skin and to my flesh and I have escaped by the skin of my teeth.


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verse 20)






Oh God my Father when we are in such a state our bodies go on a diet because we tend not to eat, however when we are lacking in our relationship with You even our spirit becomes lacking so our diet becomes on a bio-psycho-spiritual level, which is unhealthy for both mind and body. I pray for Your mercy during such moments of desolation Amen.






21. Have pity on me, have pity on me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has touched me! 22. why do you, like God, pursue me, never satisfied with my flesh?


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 21 to 22)








Oh God my Father, many times we end up barking up the wrong tree. Instead of pleading to You for mercy we start pleading and bargaining with the world which can never give us mercy. Amen




23. " O that my words were written down! O that they were inscribed in a book! ²⁴ O that with an iron pen and with lead they were engraved on a rock forever!


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 23 to 24) 



Oh God my Father who would have told Job that in truth his request was to be really fulfilled and not only in ink but also on the internet to remain there until google remains in existence, or until I die and someone may delete this blog (hopefully someone will decide to follow Amen).




Oh God our prayers never go to waste. I thank You for answering them in one way or another Amen. Please give me the faith and patience to wait on You for Your answers Amen even if the answer takes a long time to be passed on to me Amen.  




25. For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth;  26. and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God, 27. whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.  My heart faints within me!


(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 25 to 27)




Oh God my Father, You are my only hope, the reason why I am still alive. Within me the flame of faith and the firm conviction that one day I will experience Your salvation, even though in this world I experience tribulations and persecutions for loving You and for sharing these prayers online. I thank You for our relationship my God and Father Amen. 




28. If you say, 'How we will persecute him!' and, "The root of the matter is found in him'; 29. be afraid of the sword, for wrath brings the punishment of the sword, so that you may know there is a judgement." 




(The Book of Job Chapter 19 verses 28 to 29)



Oh God my beloved Father it is useless of us to point our finger at You in judgement when the root of the blame is in us and not in You. In order to justify ourselves we often take this stand, however this is not fair, for all righteousness and justice is found in You alone my God and Father. Amen.



Oh God my beloved Father, I would like to end the nineteenth chapter of the book of Job with the following prayer:-



Oh brothers and sisters who may be experiencing bitter times of pain and anguish or even persecution in different forms. I pray on you to be strong and bold, for the Lord my God is with You. Even though You may think that You are alone, You are not, for He is closer to You than Your own skin, Amen Trust in Him. Those who have placed their trust in God my Father have never been disapointed Amen. God is in control. Thank You God my beloved Father.  
 



























No comments:

Post a Comment