Songs of Praise and Worship

Sunday 14 August 2016

Book of Job Chapter 10



Book of  Job 

Chapter

 10



" I loathe my life; I will give free utterance to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. 2. I will say to God, Do not condemn me; let me know why you contend against me.


(Books of Wisdom Job Chapter 10 verses 1 to 2)


Oh God, it becomes evident that our sufferings can bring us close to You. Throughout these ten chapters, I have observed that during his proclamation of his woes and bitterness he has developed in his perception of You. In the beginning, when the devil chose to strike and test him Job addressed You as God, however later on he started addressing you in the abstract using 'him' and 'he' in order to refer to You. However in verse 2 of the tenth chapter Job addresses You as God again. 


3. Does it seem good to you to oppress, to despise the work of your hands and favor the schemes of the wicked?

(Books of Wisdom Job Chapter 10 verse 3)



Oh my, God and Father, You are a God of wisdom and justice, therefore You can never be corrupted in favour of evil people and their schemes. Although at times it seems that evil people are getting the upper hand in many situations, evil stands no chance when compared to You.


4. Do you have eyes of flesh? Do you see as humans see? 5. Are your days like the days of mortals, or your years like human years, 6. that you seek out my iniquity and search for my sin, 7. although you know that I am not guilty, and there is no one to deliver out of your hand?


(Book of Wisdom Job Chapter 10 verses 4 to 7)


Oh God, my Father I thank You for becoming human so that You could experience life on earth from a human perspective. You understand us much more than we understand ourselves. Oh God, Your intentions are pure unlike our own, You seek to understand and not to condemn us. Amen. If there is anybody who is doing the condemning is ourselves.


8. Your hands fashioned and made me; and now you turn and destroy me. 9. Remember that you fashioned me like clay; and will you turn me to dust again? 10. Did you not pour me out like milk and curdle me like cheese? 11. You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews.


(Book of Wisdom Chapter 10 verses 8 to 11)


Oh my, God, Job addresses a very important issue, this is that of death. You created us according to Your form, why do we need to die? For those of us who think that death is the end of all, this life has no real meaning whatsoever, however for those of us who believe in You my, God, death is then end of one phase of life and the beginning of a better one in Your presence.


12. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit.

(Book of Wisdom Chapter 10 verse 12)



Oh God, this is the greatest of truth that, life comes only from You. Men can produce many cells, and women can fertilize many eggs in their tubes, but if it is not Your will that life is given there will be no offspring. Moreover, I thank You for the life that You have given me even though it has become a tough challenge to take. I pray that You keep on loving and caring for me so that I will remain firm in my love for You and even my family which show me no feeling of love so that after this life on earth I will be worthy to appear before You in heaven. Amen.



13. Yet these things you hid in your heart; I know that this was your purpose. 14. If I sin, you watch me, and do not acquit me of my iniquity. 15. If I am wicked, woe to me! If I am righteous, I cannot lift up my head, for I am filled with disgrace and look upon my affliction.


(Book of Wisdom Chapter 10 verses 13 to 15)


Oh God as much I wish and aim to be considered as being a good person, I have a particular sin that You know of that is acting against me all the time. I offer You this sin, oh God my Father, for although I do my best to go against my human carnal self I am still experiencing difficulty. I believe oh God that with Your help anything is possible. Amen.


16. Bold as a lion you hunt me; you repeat your exploits against me. 17. You renew your witnesses against me, and increase your vexation toward me; you bring fresh troops against me.


(Book of Wisdom Chapter 10 verse 16)


Oh God instead of sending Your troops against us You protect us by the power of Your Holy Spirit, nonetheless, we cannot avoid experiencing the trials of our life, for these are the tests that we are to be assessed by in our spiritual formation, so that we can be ready to appear before You when You call us.


17. You renew your witnesses against me, and increase your vexation toward me; you bring fresh troops against me.



(Book of Wisdom Chapter 10 verse 17)


Oh God and my Father, in truth You do not need witnesses against me, for You are with me everywhere I am and are aware of everything I do, even before I do such a thing whether it is good or bad. You do your best to make me aware of the sins that I am about to commit but, in the end, the choice is mine! Amen, I thank You for being a God of love and not of hate Amen. Blessed be Your name forever.


18. "Why did you bring me forth from the womb? Would that I had died before any eye had seen me, 19. and were as though I had not been, carried from the womb to the grave.


(Book of Wisdom Chapter 10 verses 18 to 19)


Oh God, this is a very popular question in the sense that many of us address this question to You especially during moments of crisis. However Your reply is that You gave us life instead of death because in all the clouds of the situation You have made a plan leading to our success in life, leading to a better future, that even though may or may not hold great successes according to the standards of the world we will experience a great leap in our relationship with You my, God and Father. God may be preparing a mission for you that if you committed suicide may have been lost because nobody can do this mission better than you because God had planned it for you to accomplish. Therefore instead of asking God why am I still alive, it is better to ask Him oh God what do You want me to do for You or others, I am willing to do what You ask me to do. I am Your man or Your woman, the perfect person for the job Amen.


20. Are not the days of my life few? let me alone, that I may find a little comfort 21. before I go never to return to the land of gloom and deep darkness, 22. the land of gloom and chaos, where light is like darkness."


(Book of Wisdom Job Chapter 10 verses 20 to 22)


Oh God, my Father we may never know the days that You have given us to live. Some people say life is short, but this depends on which life they are referring to do if it is that we live on earth, or that which we will live in our heavenly home in Your presence.


Oh God I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer:


Oh God during this time of mourning during which we remember that important event of events that of Your holy passion, I would also like to offer a prayer for those who have recently experienced the death of a loved one, be it a human or even a pet for both leave a feeling of loss in us. I also pray for those who have given up on life or are on the verge of doing so. God loves You!  Even though You may feel alone and defeated by the situation God is with you. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment